Just how a quaint old pub should be…
Log fires, real ales, good food, great atmosphere.
Nothing fits and nothing’s normal – from the wonky floors to the even wonkier walls. The tables and chairs also sit at their own unique angles as do some of the more mature gents, sipping pints of fine local ales. The Inn is a free house and has a changing selection of ales. And no video games to distract from the important business of serious relaxation…
- At least 4 locally brewed real ales
- 40 whiskies
- Dogs welcome
- Park for free, go for a walk, come in for food
- Bar meals all day in school holidays (12 - 9)
- Tea, coffee, cakes and scones for hungry hikers
- Children welcome
- Open fires
- Board games
- Big car park
- Two big beer gardens
- Unique loos - built into the rock face!
- Badger feeding - they come out after dark
News: March 2016: FINALIST Westmorland pub of the year. We are proud to be listed in the top 4 pubs by the local CAMRA branch, recognising both the quality of our beer and the pleasant surroundings in which to imbibe.